This recipe doesn't use any butter or eggs, but it is still moist and delicious. I add chocolate chips, which aren't necessary....but at the same time they are because who doesn't love chocolate. You could also add cranberries, pepita, pecans, whatever you fancy.
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose, unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons vegan chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnut
- 1 cup butter nut squash puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350.
In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredient (including chocolate chips and walnuts)
In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together all wet ingredients.
Fold in wet mixture to dry. Mix until just well combined. This batter will be very thick and gummy, its all good!
Transfer to loaf pan. Bake for 45 min, until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is a lovely brown.
Let cool for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack or plate for 10 more minutes before slicing. Store leftovers in refrigerator - but good luck not eating the entire thing right away.