Recipe from local vegan athlete Sam Sylvester
Smoothies are the perfect food for these hot days and this is one of my favorite recipes!
- 1 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 heaping cup chopped & destined kale (can substitute any green)
- 1 Tablespoon peanutbutter or almond butter
- 1 Tablespoon chia seed or ground flax seeds
- ~1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of allspice
- 3-4 ice cubes
- Optional: squeeze of citrus or mint leaves.
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth.