with Frog Hollow Flavor King Pluot and Buffalo Mozzarella
Recipe by Chef Anna.
- 3-4 green tomatoes, sliced horizontally into ½ inch pieces
- 1 basket of shishito peppers, whole
- 2 firm pluots, thinly sliced
- 1, 7oz ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced into ½ inch thick pieces. I bought the brand buf
- 1 sprig of basil
- Extra virgin olive oil, enough to coat veggies and drizzle over salad (about ¼ cup)
- Balsamic vinegar de Modena, drizzle
- Salt, to taste
Brush grill with olive oil and bring to medium high heat. Place tomato slices and shishito peppers on grill. Let tomatoes sit for 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile check shishito peppers and rotate to blister skin on each side. Remove peppers from grill and set aside. Then check the tomatoes to see if there are grill marks. Once the marks are prominent, flip tomatoes and grill for the same amount of time on the other side. Remove tomatoes and set aside.
To assemble salad, scatter the mozzarella around the plate. Then lay the sices of pluots, grilled tomatoes, and shishiots in a way that you will be able to get a taste of all three in each bite. Garnish with basil and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I served this with grilled bread and it was delicious!