Heirloom Tomato, Lemon Cucumbers Macerated Onions and Shiso Leaves
By Chef Mario
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced horizontally
- 2 medium sized lemon cucumber, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 small onion, peeled, sliced in half moon and macerated in vinegar and salt for 5 minutes
- 12 small shiso leaves
- 2 tbs. of sesame oil
- Red wine vinegar to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sugar to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine sesame oil, vinegar, sugar and season to taste. Mix until the sugar dissolves completely.
Place the sliced tomatoes, cucumber, shiso leaves and onions on a chilled serving dish. With a spoon, drizzle the dressing and season to taste. Serve at once.